You can add a Made by Lukas veggie burger to whatever kind of salad you usually enjoy. This is a simple green salad, with quick-pickled red onions and a basic vinaigrette, leaving lots of room for improvisation.
Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
6 cups salad greens
1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
5 tablespoons olive oil
Several grinds black pepper
1 package Made by Lukas Veggie Burgers, shaped into 4 patties
Optional additions: roasted beets, sliced radishes, thinly sliced carrots, chopped tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, sliced avocado, toasted nuts or seeds
1. Clean the lettuce in a few washes of cold water and tear or cut it into bite size pieces. Dry thoroughly with a salad spinner.
2. Place the onion slices in your serving bowl and use your fingers to break them up into rings. Sprinkle with the salt and sugar, then pour over the vinegar. Stir so that the onions are well coated in the vinegar, then let stand, stirring occasionally, for at least 15 minutes.
3. Whisk the mustard into the olive oil in a small cup or bowl.
4. Prepare a skillet, the oven, or grill, and cook the patties according to Made by Lukas cooking instructions.
5. Just before serving, add the lettuce to the bowl with the onions. Drizzle the olive oil-mustard mixture over the greens, add whatever other toppings you like, and toss carefully using your hands or tongs. Divide the salad over 4 plates, then top each one with a hot veggie burger.